Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Stuck at Creating Connection Model

I am stuck at this point when I click on the Refresh button. Looks like there is a problem in September 2021 update, I've downgraded to August and it's working fine.

image.png

Comments
Marcus_Newall
Regular Visitor

Came here to say the same thing.

Only shows "Creating connection in model..." and does not show the number of rows deployed.

Datasets that have been running perfectly fine for well over a year have now ground to a halt.

My colleagues have also noted a remarkable drop in performance with their datasets.

Version: 2.97.861.0 64-bit (September 2021)

Edit: Spelling + Added detail.

hamzashafiq
Kudo Collector

@Marcus_Newall I would suggest you to temorarily downgrade to August that will surely work for you until they fix the September.

Gene2020
Frequent Visitor

I was having the same problem, update sticks on Connecting to Data....I reverted to August and everything runs smoothly.  Hopefully Microsoft will correct the problem soon.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

A similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.ICM: 263271425

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

robertpisarek
Regular Visitor

Data seems to download normally, but progress is missing as it always has been. You cannot see what is happening and it looks like the service has not started downloading data.

FrankBearman

I have also had this issue today. Has been working fine until recently!

In the database I am seeing the following WAIT_TYPE, which suggests a lack of communication back to SQL Server

FrankBearman_0-1632836822949.png

dsdesrosiers
Helper I

Ditto me and my colleagues. 

Leonzzheng
Employee

@hamzashafiq Can you share how to downgrade Power BI back to August?

dsdesrosiers
Helper I
scotton
Frequent Visitor

Got stuck here too. Infinite "Creating Connection" then "invalid query locator"...