Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dataflow Refresh - Internal Error

Hello,

Since last friday i'm with some issues in refresh my datasets. Most of the the refreshes that we try returns an internal error:

Error: Internal error Request ID: ad8067f3-103b-4cde-a815-9869e2a3f98c Activity ID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

My dataflows are connected to Google BigQuery, with Powerbi Connector,  and this never happened in the past. 
the error always happens at different refresh times, different entities,  and happens on all the Dataflows we have on the server on the various PRO accounts.
Do you have any idea of what is happening for this error

Comments
HWinkelhorst
Regular Visitor

Still going strong today, all customers are in West Europe (Netherlands) hopefully it keeps on going like this.

MaheshPrakriya
Employee

Glad to hear that dataflows are working well! Thanks for the update.

Jkui

Issues are still persisting on 20/05.

The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support

Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: d1fffcdc-a50e-40e5-9a0f-bb5034960e27
Request ID: 517ea833-4bb1-fe0e-8f86-a74b77a9c8b3
Time: 2021-05-20 09:59:00Z

MaheshPrakriya
Employee

Thanks for reporting @Jkui above is a dataset refresh failure and not dataflow so made PBI service team aware of it and they are looking into it.

cidoferruco

Please, Need help. The update problem persists. I can't upload the power bi file to the online service. Does updating via desktop return internal server error? What to do? @MaheshPrakriya

michaelsh
Kudo Kingpin

The Dataflow refresh is working for two days now (Western Europe)

Thanks @MaheshPrakriya 

cidoferruco

South America, Brazil. Problem persists when trying to publish using PB Desktop. Always returns "internal

server error" @MaheshPrakriya .Captura de tela 21-05-2021 05.54.11.png

catdor
Employee

Hi @cidoferruco,

Could you please raise a support ticket with this information? The original error was directly related to Dataflows and the Dataflow creation experience (PQO). The error you shared, looks like a PBIX publish behaviour issue. Our support team should be able to help you out here.

Thanks,

Cat

MaheshPrakriya
Employee

Sorry for the trouble. In order for the PBI team to help you, can you please open a new case with support as this is a dataset refresh issue and not related to dataflows? thank you.

pat_mecee
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow failures continue in Australia South-East this morning.

Data sources for dataflows include both web and SharePoint, but I don’t believe this is the core issue – as the dataflow in the editor UI  refresh to Web and SharePoint is working fine at relatively normal speed. It seems the query accessing ADLS storage is extremely slow / not responding.

An example of a single dataflow which has failed x 2 this morning has been provided to support via the two open tickets already raised on these issues.

1st failure – internal error on scheduled refresh

2nd failure – azure blob error 10 minutes after the first failure (without any intervention or schedule)

It appears from this behavior that the scheduler is recognizing the initial failure and retrying. The second failure with azure blob error type is more like the access token / credential issue described previously.

There will be at point at which customers cannot afford to rely on these systems, and that point will be coming within the next 48 hours unless there are significant improvements to dataflow performance and reliability.