Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Text in textbox resizes based on display scaling size

Is there any way to prevent the text in a textbox to resize when changing the display scale on Windows? My default setting on Windows is 100%

magoulet_0-1670016945074.png

in which case the report looks fine.

magoulet_1-1670016980777.png

However, if I change the display scaling to 175%, then it looks like this:

magoulet_2-1670017048232.png

Is there any way to prevent this? I'd like to share the report publicly, but I have no control over the display scaling % of the user.

Hi @magoulet 

I tried to restore your scene, but failed. Can you provide your steps by screenshot or video? This will make it easier for us to test the problem better.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @magoulet 

I tried to restore your scene, but failed. Can you provide your steps by screenshot or video? This will make it easier for us to test the problem better.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

magoulet
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft.,

Sure. In Power BI, I inserted a textbox using Insert -> Text Box.

magoulet_0-1670247641714.png

I'm then using Buttons as markers over the textbox so I can get an idea of the text position in the textbox visual I just created. On the desktop app, it looks like this:

magoulet_1-1670247764027.png

I've published the report on the Power BI server and everything is aligned as intended. I actually created a public link, so you can take a look at it (it's a test report to show this problem): https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMjcwMDRmMzUtMWQ1MS00MzE5LWIzYWUtYWMwOGMyYmJjMzg1IiwidCI6ImZiZ...

Because my screen size is scaled to 100%, the report looks the same as is the desktop app. However, if I change my display settings in Windows to a different scaling (right click on dektop -> Display settings -> Scale and layout)

magoulet_2-1670248123149.png

magoulet_3-1670248203423.png

If I change the scaling to say 175%, now the public report looks like this:

magoulet_4-1670248261270.png

Is there anyway to lock the text in place in a textbox so that it doesn't move around when the screen display is at a different setting? I cannot control the display scale of external users consulting the report.

Let me know if you need more details. Thanks!

magoulet
Regular Visitor

I was able to circumvent the problem by using Shapes instead of Text boxes. You can add text in a shape under Format -> Shape -> Style -> Text. There are multiple downsides however, such as being unable to bold, italicize or underline text, or even putting line breaks, so you have to create one shape per paragraph.

I still think there should be a way to prevent text boxes from being affected by display scaling.