Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Publish is Failing

mykle714_0-1670029191126.png

Error Code:

Cluster URI: DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 38d5f835-77a0-4189-a5f5-2f9e5982f475
Request ID: 919a6197-d517-4877-968d-74aba1fa9ac4
Time: 2022-12-03 00:23:26Z

 

Hi,

 

My report is failing to publish. The screenshot is what I see in my Power BI Desktop app. The Error Code is what's in the online portal that displays when clicking on the warning symbol next to the dataset associated with the dashboard I'm trying to publish. The data source are local files, but we haven't had issues until now. The dashboard looks as intended locally, however the publish is failing. Not only is it failing, it broke a bunch of elements that were on the previous online version which doesn't reflect the new UI changes.

 

Thank!

Michael

Status: Accepted

Hi @mykle714 ,

 

This issue has been submitted to ICM , the id is 351854979. I'll be back with an update if there's any progress .

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @mykle714 ,

 

This issue has been submitted to ICM , the id is 351854979. I'll be back with an update if there's any progress .

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

mykle714
Employee

Hi! Thank you so much for creating a ticket. I want to add some more details to make it easier for you.

 

During publishing, powerBI warns me that it'll take a while because the .pbix file is about 1GB. However, it never actually takes very long at all. It either resolves into the original screenshot or this one: 

mykle714_0-1670261679748.png

 

The current working online version's file size is 600 MB. The new one that I'm trying to upload is 1.1 GB. When inspecting the online version after attemping a publish, I can see many of the elements of the dashboard have the "Something is wrong with one or more fields" error. Only the elements using fields from tables I changed have broken. All the elements that use tables I didn't touch between versions are still working.

 

I hope this helps, thanks so much again!

Michael