Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problems with dataflows: cant open my dataflows

Since monday I have had issues with opening my dataflows. I just get the following error-message: Screenshot 2023-01-18 133551.png

I can refresh, but I can not access my dataflows and I can even see data in excel by connection to the dataflow. 

Everything just works really slow.. It all worked without a problem on friday and then monday morning it suddenly didnt work..

I have noted @v-yetao1-msft question to another issue - that I'm experiencing problems with dataflows.

Hi @JKL 

It's a known issue  , the ICM ID is 360987704 . The engineers are actively working on the problem and no concrete solution has been given yet. I will come back and update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
cbilsoe
Frequent Visitor

We are also seeing these issues on our end, where we can't open or edit our dataflows. All in premium when the dataflow is refering to another dataflow

JKL
Advocate I
Advocate I

ADDING: this issue started after getting the following error message:

This is my error message; 2023-01-17 14:58:25,STG Group Master Valuation (from Q2-2021),Failed,MvalViewAssetIds,NA,Failed,2023-01-17 14:58:25,2023-01-17 14:58:25,00:00:00.0000,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,Error: An internal error occurred.. PowerBIApiErrorResponse = {}.Param1 = {"Message":"An error has occurred."} Request ID: 6fc7048d-58e1-56a2-9381-d90c600904ee.

Which I came arround - so I dont get this error message anymore - I'm connecting to a csv-file instead of connecting to a dataflow (in a non-premium workspace with connection to a sql-server). But I still cant open my dataflows (which are all in premium workspaces)

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @JKL 

It's a known issue  , the ICM ID is 360987704 . The engineers are actively working on the problem and no concrete solution has been given yet. I will come back and update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

cbilsoe
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft I struggle to understand how this is a 'known issue' when it is not stated on the support site

JKL
Advocate I
Advocate I

@v-yetao1-msft thanks for letting me know.. As @cbilsoe write I dont understand why this is not stated on your support site, this is where I look when I experience problems..

When I experienced this issue I opened a support ticket (before I created this post) where I couldnt get the confirmation that this is a known issue - I also struggle to understand why they couldnt let me know that you are trying to fix it..

vfalmeida
Frequent Visitor

How is this a know issue if it's not on power bi support page? I can't edit my datamarts as well, looks like it is the same error.

and what is ICM ID is 360987704? WHere I can see a list of ICM(?) ? I need that list since you guys aren't updating the support website. @v-yetao1-msft 

JKL
Advocate I
Advocate I

@vfalmeida  do you still have same problems?

@v-yetao1-msft  - any news on the ICM ID 360987704?

Alex_Rajkov
Advocate III

Similar problems here. The some dataflows stopped refreshing successfully.
Dataflows on Premium Workspace.

Seems to affect dependent dataflows. Typical error message (entity varying with every refresh):

2023-01-23 18:07:53,10 NAV Common Basics,Failed,HinweisGruppiert,NA,Failed,2023-01-23 18:07:53,2023-01-23 18:08:12,00:00:18.6730,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,Error: Expression.Error: The field 'error' of the record wasn't found. Message = <ccon>An error has occurred.</ccon>. RootActivityId = 2cebf377-7a04-4b12-81e6-5c6eba581f75.Param1 = Expression.Error: The field 'error' of the record wasn't found. Message = <ccon>An error has occurred.</ccon> Request ID: ab6ebfea-5d5d-dac8-a230-4af03c542f6d.

Switching to pro and back didn't help.
Republishing the dataflows, even in a new workspace didn't help.

The problem started between thursday-friday night (jan 20th)..

cbilsoe
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft  since I'm haven't gotten any response I will ask again: Why is this not on the support page if it is regarded as a "known" issues???

And why is there no update about this when this is a major incident on our setup? 

I really feel Microsoft is droping the ball on this with no transparancy on how you are handeling this. We can't work with a tool that only sometimes work and doesn't get sufficient support when the tool isn't working

SteveFringe
Regular Visitor

typical Microsoft support unfortunately. i have at least one more open ticket where MS has confirmed a known issue, but it's not mentioned on the support page... really really poor support quality... 

i also have a dataflow issue, but a different one: 

SteveFringe_0-1675413835723.png

it's only happening in MS Edge (in chrome things work)...