Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with DataFlows on Service

All of my dataflows randomly stopped working. I get the following error message for every query on my dataflow.

We encountered an error during evaluation. Details: An error occurred while communicating with another service, please try again later. If this problem recurs, please contact support with this message. (Request ID: xxxxx)

It gives me a strange Request ID everytime. DIfferent for each workspace but not related to any kind of dataset or workspace ID.

Issue Started roughly 11am PST Time 20th July 2023. Data Stored in Canada Central (Toronto). Issue is with all kind of dataflow (i.e. both cloud and gateway sources)

PPU Workspaces are working fine. It's only Pro Workspaces where this issue is occuring

Hi @Imrans123 

Is your dataflow back to normal? I've seen other users with the same issue have it working fine.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
kevingauv
Advocate II

Hi, same issue here,

We can see the error if we open the PowerQuery editor for any dataflows:

this is an exemple of the error message:

We encountered an error during evaluation. Details: An error occurred while communicating with another service, please try again later. If this problem recurs, please contact support with this message. (Request ID: 839e2d26-e350-4a53-9881-aca04a2a557c)

Gateway option is also empty for every dataflows

The error start to occu an hour ago (2023-07-20, 13:00 Estearn time)

amin_m

This is the same case for me. All dataflows stopped and we can't make any connections to SQL servers.

I am getting error "Something went wrong while loading required resources. Please try refreshing the page or come back later to try again. (APIs: connectionsInScope)"

pedromelato
Frequent Visitor

We are facing the same issue. 

All of our dataflows are displaying this error message "An error occurred while communicating with another service, please try again later. If this problem recurs, please contact support with this message." 

We started facing this issue around 11:45 am PST. 

FernanJTS

We're also facing the same issue with all our Power BI dataflows. I've tested the queries offline in Power BI Desktop and they all work just fine, so it's definitely an issue with Dataflows.

pedromelato
Frequent Visitor

Our dataflows are magically working again, no settings were changed.

amin_m

It is working for us as well. Thank you MS engineers. I am sure someone somewhere did some digging and configuration.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Imrans123 

Is your dataflow back to normal? I've seen other users with the same issue have it working fine.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

kevingauv
Advocate II

All dataflows are ok for us as well today.

Do not touch anything MS Engineers, it is working now 😉

thx

rafaelwk
Regular Visitor

Olá tenho o mesmo problema, alguém resolveu?

MatthewH
Frequent Visitor

this problem has come up again it seems