Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gateway Problem

An existing gateway setup that is used by multiple reports has suddenly stopped letting any new reports use the mappings with a Status code of 500.  The reports that already use the mappings are working fine.  This started happening on Friday Dec 16th.  We have the latest gateway release installed.  We can map fine, but when we click apply we get the 500 error code.

chrishealey1877_1-1671307884751.png

chrishealey1877_0-1671307682570.png

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi @chrishealey1877 ,

Did this problem occur after you installed the latest version of the gateway?
Besides not refreshing properly, will it work if you re-add the data source?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @chrishealey1877 ,

Did this problem occur after you installed the latest version of the gateway?
Besides not refreshing properly, will it work if you re-add the data source?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

chrishealey1877
Regular Visitor

HI,

No it happened with Sep 2022 install in place.  I since upgraded the gateway to to the Dec 2022.  Existing reports using the setting work and are refreshing, but if I add another report and go to the gateway mapping section, when I hit apply it get status 500 error.

I have tried to add another connection to the same data source and it won't let me saying connection issue.  It is a folder connection on a server.

awright19
Frequent Visitor

Here's the open thread from last week as many others are having the same problem: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Unable-to-configure-gateway-connections-for-dataset/idc-p/29...