Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflow Error: Access token has expired resubmit with a new access token

I'm trying to create a transformation dataflow from a staging dataflow. 
The staging dataflow contains a big volume of data and refreshes fine.
In the transformation dataflow I'm trying to group and aggregate the staging dataflow.
I'm getting this error after an hour or so:

[DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage]=<ccon>Access token has expired resubmit with a new access token</ccon> [DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult]=-2147467259 [Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Error]=error "Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Runtime.ValueException: [Expression.Error] The field 'pbi.error' of the record wasn't found.#(cr)#(lf) at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Language.ValueCreator.CreateValueForThrow(IThrowExpression throwExpr)#(cr)#(lf) at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Language.ValueCreator.<>c__DisplayClass23_0.<CreateValueForRecord>b__0(Int32 index)#(cr)#(lf) at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Runtime.RecordValue.DemandRecordValue.get_Item(Int32 index)#(cr)#(lf) at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ProviderCommon.MashupResource.TryGetValue(Func`1 getValue IValue& value String& errorMessage)#(cr)#(lf)Record" [Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason]=TokenExpired

How can I solve this?
Thanks.

Hi @gp10 ,

We've found feedback from other users who have had similar experiences to yours. Here are some suggestions from the PG team Please see if this mitigates your problem.

"Customer appears to be using Feb 2023 version of the gateway. Can you please ask the customer to upgrade gateway to the latest version and re-capture gateway logs? There were some changes in the token refresh implementation in Jan 2023, upgrading will assure we have the latest version being used. Also ensure only one version of the gateway is installed.

Customer should also consider removing all existing credentials to the dataflow and recreating them. Sometimes that can fix authentication problems in PBI service."

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @gp10 ,

There are several points you may considerate:

1.Please check if the user has exceeded the amount that can be generated on a premium capacity. 

2.Please check if the user is the admin or member of the group (workspace).

3.Please check if the Azure AD auth token expired.

4.Please check if the query data Expired token

Best regards.

gp10
Advocate III

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,
thanks for your reply. I need some clarifications.

1) Check the amount of access tokens you mean? How do I check that?
2) The user is me and I'm an admin for the workspace.

3) How do I check that?
4) How do I check that?

And why everything else works fine except this one?

Thanks.

pelenika
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I have the same error during refreshing my report in Service.

My sources - 3 dataflow with Incremental refresh. 
Did you solved your problem?

gp10
Advocate III

Hi pelenika,

no, I still havent gotten a response here.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @gp10 ,

We've found feedback from other users who have had similar experiences to yours. Here are some suggestions from the PG team Please see if this mitigates your problem.

"Customer appears to be using Feb 2023 version of the gateway. Can you please ask the customer to upgrade gateway to the latest version and re-capture gateway logs? There were some changes in the token refresh implementation in Jan 2023, upgrading will assure we have the latest version being used. Also ensure only one version of the gateway is installed.

Customer should also consider removing all existing credentials to the dataflow and recreating them. Sometimes that can fix authentication problems in PBI service."

Best regards.

gp10
Advocate III

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,
unfortunately I need more detailed responses. 

I have the latest version installed.

How do I see if I only have one version installed?
When I open the On Premises Gateway program, I see my current version.

Thanks

EnriqueRodLan
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

I have the same error during refreshing my report in Service.

The errors begins last friday (14/4/2023).

My source is:

3 dataflow without incremental refreshing.

2 from BBDD and 1 from Sharepoint.

Do you have any news about this problem and his solution?

Thanks.

aeriksen
Frequent Visitor

I also have the same issue. It seems almost random which reports/dataflows are affected and when it happens. If I turn of the gateway the problem disappears. I have installed the latest version of the gateway.

gp10
Advocate III

@v-xiaoyan-msftany updates here?

TDargan
Frequent Visitor

Any updates? We're having the same issue.