Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Cross filtering not working on visuals using power bi web service while it works on power bi desktop

Hi there

I've been having a strange problem with a dashboard for a few days now (maybe after the last update, but I'm not 100% sure).
Basically, when using the dashboard on Power Bi Desktop, I can click on a view and all the others are filtered as expected, considering that I have cross-filtering enabled instead of cross-highlighting.

On Power Bi Service, the same activity works for less than half a second and then the view returns to its original state, so the cross-filtering is not applied at all. This happens with every visualisation I can use as a filter. It certainly didn't happen two weeks ago.

I made another copy, duplicated the page, but got no results. There is no RLS or data source authorisation that would have an effect.

Any ideas? Is there anything I could have done wrong that would produce this result?

Thanks.

F

Hi @Frankie_Vannini ,

Would you mind providing the detailed version information? The version information will be different depending on the download channel.
Please make sure you are using the version downloaded from the official website and not the MS app store.
Also, what type of viusal is this issue occurring in? Thank you for the additional information so that we can better reproduce the issue!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
Frankie_Vannini
Advocate I

Update

while installing latest June version, the issue I had just in service is now showing also on Power Bi desktop. 
it seems to me a bug related to the latest 2 versions.
I will try to unistall this version and install an old version to see if the issue is faced

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Frankie_Vannini ,

Would you mind providing the detailed version information? The version information will be different depending on the download channel.
Please make sure you are using the version downloaded from the official website and not the MS app store.
Also, what type of viusal is this issue occurring in? Thank you for the additional information so that we can better reproduce the issue!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Frankie_Vannini
Advocate I

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

I'm currently using :
Version: 2.130.754.0 64-bit (june 2024)

I always download all the versions from :
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

I can confirm after installing an old version :
Version: 2.128.1177.0 64-bit (april 2024)

the cross filtering works as expected on Power Bi desktop, while doesn't work on Pro web service

Thanks

F

Frankie_Vannini
Advocate I

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft

I've found the problem!

This is due to a visual I was using, so far without any problem, while since PBI May 2024 versions it gives this weird behaviour.

The visual is Pie Charts Tree, by Aritz Francoy, version 1.0.3.0. If you remove this visual, the cross-filtering works as expected.

This is a pity, because that visual is very interesting

foodd
Super User

Hello @Frankie_Vannini.   It is comforting to understand from your latest reply that this is not specifically a Power BI Desktop issuer, and rather related specifically to a Custom Visual authored by Aritz Francoy Barreiro.   Please consider adding your observation to a new or existing Issue for this Custom Visual.  The URL to the new issuer form within the Github Repo is:  https://github.com/aritzfb/TreeCircle/issues/new

cc:  @v-xiaoyan-msft