Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

TMDL adding role makes the pbip file not openable

Hello everyone,

I recently started working with the tmdl mode. Everything works great 

I also added AD group id's in the roles tmdl files (exemple : member 'obj:99999@999999' = group)

When I deploy the dataset with pbi-tools it's working fine and i find the groups on powerbi services, but now when i want to open the pbip file on my desktop i have this error :
"The newly created External RoleMembership object in role 'XXXX' for provider 'AzureAD' has no value specified for MemberID. MemberID must be specified when creating an External RoleMembership object."

I don't understand why is it working when i deploy with pbi-tools but I can't open the pbip file.

Thank you

Hi  @Hafid_97 

According to the error message, you need to specify a MemberID, did you fill in the corresponding MemberID when you added the group in the TMDL ? And you mentioned that you find the groups on powerbi services, can you explain what you mean by that?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @Hafid_97 

According to the error message, you need to specify a MemberID, did you fill in the corresponding MemberID when you added the group in the TMDL ? And you mentioned that you find the groups on powerbi services, can you explain what you mean by that?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Hafid_97
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your response 🙂 

Yes I added the right members ID like the exemple I mentionned. When I said that I find the group on powerbi services I mean that in Powerbi Services (online) when i check security>rls I find the right AD groups on the roles.