Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

upgrade to power BI premium to attach the report - is intermittently not working

trying to set up a new subscription to an APP to a Power BI report that is in a Premium Capacity workspace

click on subscribe to report - new subscription - attach full report

and the PDF and PowerPoint options are greyed out and a pop up says "upgrade to power BI premium to attach the report"

UOLandrewdale_0-1706695226449.png

the same hapens if I view an existing subscription which already has the option (PDF) selected, but the pop up still says "upgrade to power BI premium to attach the report"

however, if I go to view the list of the reports in the workspace, even without opening one of them, and then I go back to the APP then the attach option works okay

happens to others in the organisation too. I am an Admin for the workspace and the colleague is a member

sorry, posted this to the service forum before I relaised there was a bug forum

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/upgrade-to-power-BI-premium-to-attach-the-report/m...

Hi  all,

It's a known issue and there is no ETA now . As a mitigation meanwhile, please give user viewer permission to underlying workspace to allow them to create FRA. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
RJ_YYC
Regular Visitor

We are experiencing the same issue. 

The reports were created in a Premium workspace and users are connecting via apps, they don't have direct access to the workspace.

A user attempted to create a subscription and is not able to attach the .pdf (message says 'Upgrade to Power BI Premium to attach the report'). 

I'm an admin, I tried to create a subscription on the exact same report/page and got the same error. Tried to create the subscription in the workspace, and it worked there, went back into the app and it also worked there (for me)

Logitrick
Frequent Visitor

We have the same issue, 

User access is given through app, but they are not able to subscribe with attached PDF/PowerPoint eventhough we run premium....

Please fix, and update us on your progress on that bug

UOLandrewdale
Advocate II

the Power BI Technical Support Engineer has just confirmed it is a bug

Kindly note that I’ve been checking internally and found that this is a bug, and the escalation team is working to fix it and as a workaround, please give user viewer permission to underlying workspace to allow them to create

However the workaround does not work if the user has a standard/free PBI licence, they cannot even attach the full report when they subscribe to the report in the workspace

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi  all,

It's a known issue and there is no ETA now . As a mitigation meanwhile, please give user viewer permission to underlying workspace to allow them to create FRA. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Logitrick
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft you can't really be serious with that "mitigation".. That will remove any work done with audience and give access to all reports..

This is unaccetapble sorry 

Yolandros
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft For us it's also unacceptable. I can't not create a workspace for every report and give to users viewer permission for workspace. We use one company workspace with different reports for various departements. I can't give users viewer permissons cause the get access to all reports which the don't should see. Yes, the only have access to their specific reports, but you now, if users see reports they want access.

Please resolve the issue asap!

UOLandrewdale
Advocate II

@v-yetao1-msft 

that mitigation does not work if the user has a free/standard licence, which most of our staff have. 

the only viable mitigation is a workspace admin/member/contributer, who does have a PRO or PPU licence, creating a subscription on behalf of other users

AxiomaticOne
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft this does not work for us either for reasons above AND we use App Audiences to control who sees what in the App. If I give viewer to all my App users not only is it a terrible experience and I can't hold stuff in my workspace prior to deploying/updating the App, but also they can see every report they shouldn't have access to see that way.

For everyone else here is what MSFT support said in my ticket to them:

"Engineering team has identified the issue and has created an internal work item for a fix. Meanwhile, a workaround has been provided where the user creating the email subscription can be granted a Viewer role in the workspace that the app is in."

arock-well
Helper V

My users are also having this problem. Please resolve as I will not allow them direct access to Workspaces.

arock-well
Helper V

Republishing the App seems to have worked for me. Check out this thread: Solved: Subscription from App in Service no Longer Attachi... - Microsoft Fabric Community