Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

100% stacked charts displaying dots for data labels on power bi service

Hi, I think there is a bug on the power bi service.

When I create a 100% stacked bar/column chart, and I activate data labels, on power bi desktop, it looks fine and if it can't display the labels, it will just be blank for that portion of the bar (overflow is turned off, label optimization is turned off).

Once I publish it on the service, the chart includes dots to show that there are values there, in my opinion, it doesn't look that great, if I wanted this behaviour, I would've turned on the "label optimization" setting. 

Can someone validate if this is a bug or is there other settings that I'm not seeing?

Screenshots:

Power BI Desktop

shazalgomes_0-1706705140766.png

Settings

shazalgomes_1-1706705188020.png

Power BI Service

shazalgomes_2-1706705220803.png

Hi @shazalgomes 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed .  I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @shazalgomes 

Following your description, I created a stacked bar chart on Desktop and enabled data label . As you can see, the small percentage of that data is not shown. Then I uploaded it to Service and the stacked bar chart shows the same as Desktop.

Power BI Desktop

vyetao1msft_1-1706769791746.png

Power BI Service

vyetao1msft_0-1706769734696.png

Can you restore this issue by creating a simple sample? And then provide this pbix file to us as a reference?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

shazalgomes
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft 

Hi, this morning the visual is back to normal on the service...weird, I'll try to see if I can reproduce it again but it seems to be "fixed"

Thank you

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @shazalgomes 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed .  I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,