Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Upstream dataflows REST API no longer working for username/password

This is the REST API I'm referencing: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/dataflows/get-upstream-dataflows-in-group

We were previously able to call this API for a user, but now this returns no results. The same API returns the right results for a service principal. For the username/password Application Registration we use, it already had the Dataflow.Read.All permissions and this was working until very recently, possibly just yesterday. 

Did anything change with this API? Is this issue temporary or is this API being phased out or anything?

Status: Investigating

Hi  @brittaf2002 ,

 

Based on the information I found, there doesn’t seem to be any recent changes or deprecations to the APIGet Upstream Dataflows In Group.

This API requires either or permissionsDataflow.ReadWrite.AllDataflow.Read.All. If you’re using a service principal, it’s important to note that this API call can be made by a service principal profile.

If you’re experiencing issues, it might be due to changes in the user’s permissions or the dataflows themselves.

I would recommend checking the following:

1.The user still has the necessary permissions ( or ).Dataflow.Read.AllDataflow.ReadWrite.All
2.The dataflows you’re trying to access are still available and haven’t been moved or deleted.
3.There have been any changes to the service principal’s permissions or settings.

 

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @brittaf2002 ,

 

Based on the information I found, there doesn’t seem to be any recent changes or deprecations to the APIGet Upstream Dataflows In Group.

This API requires either or permissionsDataflow.ReadWrite.AllDataflow.Read.All. If you’re using a service principal, it’s important to note that this API call can be made by a service principal profile.

If you’re experiencing issues, it might be due to changes in the user’s permissions or the dataflows themselves.

I would recommend checking the following:

1.The user still has the necessary permissions ( or ).Dataflow.Read.AllDataflow.ReadWrite.All
2.The dataflows you’re trying to access are still available and haven’t been moved or deleted.
3.There have been any changes to the service principal’s permissions or settings.

 

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn