Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Publishing Problem

Since the beginning of this week I have not been able to publish my dashboard, the following warning appears:
"An error occurred while attempting to publish 'file name.pbix'. Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.".
After searching the community for solutions to this error, some responses said it was because of the file size which is 790MB, which is strange as I worked with it for the last 6 months publishing repeatedly without any problems, but OK, I went to the Power Query I studied the database more and managed to reduce the file size to 442MB, but still the problem continues and it is not possible to reduce the database further.
Could anyone tell me how I can resolve this?
Thank you very much.

Hi @Rick_Diniz_55 ,

Based on your descriptions, something related to certificate trust on client machine. This is not network connectivity issue.

Please follow these steps to mitigate the issue:

#1. Try upload PBIX file using powerBI service.

#2. Re-start machine and make sure update all required security updates, then re-try publish

#3. Use different machine.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Rick_Diniz_55 ,

Based on your descriptions, something related to certificate trust on client machine. This is not network connectivity issue.

Please follow these steps to mitigate the issue:

#1. Try upload PBIX file using powerBI service.

#2. Re-start machine and make sure update all required security updates, then re-try publish

#3. Use different machine.

Best regards.

Rick_Diniz_55
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

I tried your first suggestion and it didn't work, I even tried to publish a copy of the file under another name and that didn't work either.
When you suggested restarting the machine, was it about my laptop or the service? (Sorry I'm new to Power BI and I don't know if you can restart the service)

Thank you.

Regards.

Ricardo Diniz

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @Rick_Diniz_55 ,

You may refer to this thread to see if it helps

Solved: Publish .pbix file error - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards.