Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Privacy Level setting is reset in Data Gateway after failed attempt to set up a dataflow

Privacy setting for a data source in the data gateway is reset to "None" whenever I cancel a process of setting up a dataflow entity with the data source and the gateway. I have not been successful in setting up a connection with any data sources at this time, so I do not know what would happen if I DON'T cancel the process. I am able to recreate the condition every time. This appears to be a bug, but I would like a confirmation that I am not doing something wrong to cause this.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @DP86,

I'm not very clear about the issue, would you please share more information, eg: detail steps to reproduce the issue, some screenshots? 

You can take a look at this article to learn how to create a dataflow entity: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-create-use

By the way, please ensure you are running the latest on-premise data gateway.  

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This same exact thing is happening to me. All of my gateway data sources are set to organizational. Whenever I try to create a dataflow off of one of these sources it resets the gateway privacy level setting to none and the next time all of our production reports refresh, they fail. I have yet to actually save a dataflow for these affected data sets so I also cannot confirm if this happens when the dataflow is fully set up. 

I would love to take advantage but right not even experimenting with them is causing production issues which is a huge barrier to testing them.

DP86
Advocate II

Qiuyun Yu,

The following are my steps:

• This is what it looks like in the Gateway before the process:
    Before.png
  • Step 1:
    Step1.png
  • Step 2:
    Step2.png
  • Step 3:
    This is where it errors out for some reason.
    Step3.png
  • Now the Gateway looks like this:
    After.png
    The privacy level can easily be manually set to the original state, but 

I hope this helps you understand the condition.

Let me know if I need to suppy more information.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 94422090. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The fix should be released around January 5th. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@DP86 ,

This issue has been fixed currently.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao