Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop WebView2 crash

Power BI is experiencing a problem with WebView2. We need your help to understand and fix this issue. If you are willing to help out, please contact us at pbidesktopwebview2issues@service.microsoft.com

Hi @rahulshevde ,

Sorry, but we couldn’t provide any support outside this post. There are several existing ICM(292502976, 294087216) related to WebView2 crash, and product group is investigating on such issue. Will follow up them and sync here once there is update. In addition, please make sure you are using latest version of Power BI Desktop and try different versions of WebView2 at the same time. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
AntonioSantos19
Regular Visitor

This problem is happenig to me, any solution?

kurude

I just got the issue

My powerBI does not close 

lauminagui

Power BI Desktop WebView2 crash:

what can i do?

i need help please

mike_honey
Memorable Member

I just had my 2nd WebView2 crash since "D-Day" (July 13). Lucked out with the timing as I had just pressed save, so didn't lose any work this time.

On the one hand, 2 crashes in 5 weeks is not a lot, considering I use Power BI all day every day. On the other hand, that's 2 more crashes than I've experienced in prior months, when I always had the preview feature turned off.

I figure this is now just part of the dismal routine of using Power BI Desktop. You always had to take regular manual backups and save frequently as the Undo functionality is very limited, and there have often been other bugs that can cause a freeze or crash.

Definitely demo using the web browser client as much as possible, a "grey screen of death" crash like this is not a good look if you are trying to convince someone to use this product.

blodus
Advocate II

OMG - a link from a Microsoft error message takes me to a forum. How lame. 

Svrakas

Microsoft Team, 

I think it is now being reported for over a year. I am not seeing any progress updates on this forum. Could you update us with the status of the bug(s) fix for this?

PowerBI is a fantastic product, and I think it deserves to be abandoned for support-fix reasons (see earlier comments). 

Thanks,

SV

Walunj

i'm having the same issue

OrrinEdenfield
Employee

Still getting crashes from WebView2 when trying to connect to internal reporting cube. Seems to be intermittent but I've seen it happen a few times now over the past week. Using Version 2.121.644.0 64-bit September 2023 for Power BI Desktop and WebView2 116.0.1938.81.

wafa

I got this error also.   Power BI desktop was just full screen, all black, with a message box saying "Power BI is experiencing a problem with WebView2. "

bgatzemeyer
Frequent Visitor

Got the error today and continue to get it on the recovery of that file (luckily it was just saved and backed up).

Version: 2.121.662.0 64-bit (September 2023)

bgatzemeyer_0-1695132056617.png