Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Issue with Text Analytics- Score sentiment

Hi All,

I am getting bellow error while trying to apply the Score Sentiment using AI Text Analytics:

DataSource.Error: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'An internal error occurred.'
Details:
DataSourceKind=AIFunctions
DataSourcePath=AIFunctions

Other two text analytics functions( Detect Language & Extract Key Phrases) works fine. Issue is only with Score Sentiment. I am using Power BI  Oct 2022 version.

Any idea how to fix this issue?  Appreciate your help!!

Thank you!

Shephali

Update on Nov.3 :

There is no update on when this issue will be fixed.

As a workaround Customers can use API by follow Sentiment - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/cognitiveservices-textanalytics/3.0/sentiment/sentiment?t...

For MS employees who are also concerned about this issue, you can check the ICM 344540151.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
Monteleon
Regular Visitor

Does anyone know if MS have actually acknowledged this issue? Are they doing anything to fix it? 

Many thanks! 

shephaliB
Advocate II

@Monteleon  I have searched everywhere but can not find a fix. I am still waiting for MS to address this issue.

HisEstate

Good to know I am not the only one.  I have been running around in circles trying to solve this and nothing that I have tried has worked.

Does anyone know of an alternative solution I could run on the SQL Server side?  I don't know if I feel comfortable with releasing something into production that could just fail with the next update even if it gets addressed.

rnehrboss
Helper II

Same here.   broken update?

Mondli
Regular Visitor

I have recently been experiencing the very same issue since yesterday. The below error appears.

Mondli_0-1666879865992.png

rnehrboss
Helper II

Has anyone contacted support?

rnehrboss
Helper II

Yep.. All refreshes involving sentiment are dying.  

Hopefully MS is aware

ogilloux
Regular Visitor

@rnehrboss. Yes. Waiting to hear back from them.

rnehrboss
Helper II

Excellent @ogilloux .  Thank you.  Keep us posted

pcool
Regular Visitor

Can someone please leave an update if/when the issue is resolved?