Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Gateway Error - Scheduled Refresh fails

For two weeks now, few of our published reports have failed to resfresh on the service with the same error - 

Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_SpooledOperationMissing","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_SpooledOperationMissing","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: 

We tried optimizing the report, restarted the GW VMs, resintalled/updated GW and we are still continuing to run into the same issue with no specific pattern across the failed ones as several other reports with the same source seems to update as usual. Please advise. Appreciate your help!!

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@dasaithambi 

The issue can be caused by the excessive memory footprint of the dataset. Try to reduce the data or implement incremental refresh.

dasaithambi

For the reports in question, the size of the data is less than half a million rows while we have reports that are pulling in several million records running just fine. I am not sure that is the issue here.

nickelous
Frequent Visitor

We also started seeing an influx of these errors in the last 3 or so weeks. 

These are reports that have worked for us for years, some that contain only one days (a few rows) worth of data.

Rubi
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue since Tuesday night. The storage cannot be the Problem, I have checked that.

However, the same dataset and report is working in a premium workspace. But the pro workspace didn't have any issues for the past Months to update the data. 

Have you found a solution?

Here you can see that the refresh stopped working suddendly.

Rubi_0-1633604112536.png