Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

💥Design Issue? Bookmark Navigator button State

So I've seen this issue continue to pop up, but not definitive answer as to a solution.
Not solved Example:
Solved: Bookmark Navigator Bug? - Microsoft Fabric Community
Anyway, there seems to be a bookmark navigator state bug/design issue?  I have two bookmark groups.  One that opens the slicer panel, the other that flips between tabs on the report page.  Month data, table data, etc...

Issue:
When I click on 'Month Trend' on the report page, everything works perfectly.
When I open the slicer panel bookmark, it defaults to the table view, which is the way I set it, and that's fine.
However, the problem is that the bookmark navigator state still remains on the month, even though it's showing the table view as default. I'm aware that a workaround is to create multiple buttons (the old way), but using the bookmark navigator would be the correct and more efficient approach for this functionality if it worked properly.  Until then, I don't see the use of the bookmark navigator as a good solution (if you use muliptle groups for various menus which people seem to do more often)
It will confuse users. 

Is there an update or fix for this bug?  My screens are attached ot help explain this issue.

mcinnisbr_0-1698847541294.pngmcinnisbr_1-1698847559807.png

Hi  @mcinnisbr ,

Unfortunately, this is as-designed with the current capabilities of bookmarks.  The bookmark navigator visual is designed to "remember" the last-clicked bookmarked based on the current viewing session. 

We have work items tracking potential solutions against customer-reported issues like this but cannot promise an estimated time to resolve this issue at this time.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  @mcinnisbr ,

Unfortunately, this is as-designed with the current capabilities of bookmarks.  The bookmark navigator visual is designed to "remember" the last-clicked bookmarked based on the current viewing session. 

We have work items tracking potential solutions against customer-reported issues like this but cannot promise an estimated time to resolve this issue at this time.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

npnigro
Advocate III

@v-xiaoyan-msft Why is this marked as "delivered" when the issue is apparent and unresolved? I reported this bug more than a year ago (linked below) and several users have chimed in since then. The bug makes for a poor UX whenever you have a "reset" button on a report (which is very common). 

Bookmark navigator not resetting when 'reset' book... - Page 2 - Microsoft Fabric Community

mcinnisbr
Advocate I

I'll upvote your issue to get more traction.   I think they might be sending this one to a queue.  best we can do it keep posting about it.
my thoughts are it's a semi complex state selection issue, as per the design reporting bookmarks, which i'm beginning to think when you have a fly out menu plus bookmark nav, it gets complex.
Just thinking, it would be great if you could establish a home reset to the other bookmark navigation item on a page.  if i can set an 'update' view when a slicer menu opens, the other bookmark navs should follow suit.  logically, i guess it seems like it should work that way.  

npnigro
Advocate III

I hear you and hope they try to resolve it. For bookmark navigator to be used without confusing users, there must be a way for another bookmark to save the state of a bookmark navigator selection.