Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problem printing from Dashboard published on intranet - Report is sized incorrectly

We have several Dashboards published on our intranet from where users can print hard copies for use on notice boards etc. by using the File/Print option, e.g.

Matt_S_JPUH_1-1698849604602.png

This was working last week as expected - users usually selected 'Microsoft Print to PDF' and the Print Preview screen would have the page filling the screen, as expected.

Since this week, the Print Preview screen is only partially filled with the report, e.g. My blue scribble shows, approximately, where the extent of the previewed document used to be (including the black rectangle), the black rectangle shows its extent now.

Matt_S_JPUH_2-1698852031503.png

We use the following settings,

Matt_S_JPUH_3-1698852426596.png

If I select 'Fit to printable area' the image gets smaller.

I've seen some suggestions about WebView2 on this forum, but I have the version suggested, i.e.

Matt_S_JPUH_0-1698849014446.png

As  mentioned, this was working last week but, as from Monday, it has stopped behaving.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Hi  @Matt_S_JPUH 

I am so glad to get your reply . I will change the status to "Delivered"  .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Matt_S_JPUH 

Which browser are you using? Have you tried any other browsers?

Best Regards,

Matt_S_JPUH
Regular Visitor

Hi Ailsa Tao,

I hope you're well, and many thanks for your quick response.

I should have specfied, my apologies, we're using Edge,

Matt_S_JPUH_0-1698915977206.png

Because of the restrictions in place at our work, we're not allowed to install any other browsers. As I mentioned, this was working fine last week. Also, it isnt't just one report that's having the sizing issue, it's all others that I have checked as well.

Many thanks again, Matt.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @Matt_S_JPUH 

Maybe you can download and try the fixed version runtime for 117.0.2045.60 here: https://msedge.sf.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com/filestreamingservice/files/7c1ee55b-f219-4550-bdb7-08...

Best Regards,

Matt_S_JPUH
Regular Visitor

Hi Ailsa Tao,

I hope you're well, and many thanks for your response. I will try this and let you know what happens.

Best wishes, Matt.

Matt_S_JPUH
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

I hope all's well.

Seeing that lots of other people have the same, or similar problems, and that the fix seems to be to use a deprecated version of WebView2 it's clear that something has been broken in the newer versions.

We will wait for Microsoft to fix this in a later version and live with the bug for now. Please close the ticket.

Many thanks for your help and best wishes, Matt.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  @Matt_S_JPUH 

I am so glad to get your reply . I will change the status to "Delivered"  .

Best Regards,