Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dataflow changes not committing

I have added a new query to my existing dataflow. On saving the changes, PowerBI service completes validating the query and then get stuck on the screen which would take me back to the dataflow view screen. 

My changes are not saved and next time I open the dataflow, it shows a message that the changes were not saved, do you want to use the cached version. I have tried clicking 'Yes' and 'No' on this message and tried completing my changes changes a few times but everytime it fails to save changes.

Here is the error details:

Activity ID: 2d79afab-c064-4ed1-9deb-2e69cc225da4
Request ID: 9a98843f-5c87-06f0-ab63-078d3ea993cb
Correlation ID: 13d9ebf2-38d2-5e92-3b36-f0d9f656b124
Status code: 500
Time: Mon Nov 15 2021 19:49:25 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time)
Service version: 13.0.17090.56
Client version: 2111.1.08596-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-f-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

I wanted to add that the problem is only occuring when I am trying to setup a query which connects to a new data source. If I make a change to an existing query, the changes are saved successfully.

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned. ICM: 272474550

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
StevenVF
Helper I

We are having quite a few dataflow issues at the moment with lots of intermittent failures with quite often different errors. Also we have some refreshes that seem to hang, no queries are being sent back to the source, yet the dataflow won't complete. I've heard there are issues around memeory related stuff to do with the new Premium Gen2 capacity but still no official announcement, anyone else experiences dataflow issues?

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned. ICM: 272474550

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

KaushalV
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Robert. I want to add some more details if it helps identifying the problem.

I am the owner of the dataflow , not the admin on the Gateway. If I try to setup a query using the new datasource setup on the Gateway, I get the 500 error. However, if the Gateway admin takes over the dataflow, he can save the query using the new datasource. Also, after the Gateway admin has saved the query, I can then take over the data flow and make changes to the query but if I create a new query, I get the 500 error again.

It seems like the Gateway admin has to setup the query in the dataflow before I can make changes but I cannot see anything in the documentation about this pre-requisit. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any ETA on this please?  Getting the internal error message.  Totally unable to produce or amend reports at the moment.  (Northern Europe)

KaushalV
Frequent Visitor

Any updates please?