Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Calculated column works in Power BI desktop but not Power BI service. Visual won't load.

I have a pie chart visual in my report that uses a calculated column as one of the fields. Up until now it stopped working in Power BI service. Nothing has changed on the report and it has always worked in the past. The visual works fine in Power BI desktop but when published to Service it gives me an error. Any ideas why it would stop working suddenly?

chang_B_0-1676468657256.png

Hi @chang_B 

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
blopez11
Resident Rockstar

It is still not working for me.

blopez11
Resident Rockstar

The issue now seems to be resolved for us.

Maieev
Resolver I

Issue resolved for me too :).

ChinChin
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue where any visuals using calculated columns won't have data on after the dataset is refreshed in the Power BI service. I have updated my Power BI Desktop to the May 2023 version and the issue still remains. Replacing the calculated columns with calculated measures have fixed the issue but there is a couple of the calculated columns that cannot be replaced with calculated measures. Why is this becoming an issue since Feb 2023?

akbar-amini-219
Regular Visitor

I had a similar problem, when I filtered my report with a slicer, in powerBI it worked, but in shared report it didn't. 

Finally I changed my formula. I had "All" function and I changed it to "Allexcept"; and it worked. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use cumulative measures in several reports. They show correctly in visualization in PBI desktop, but  in the service they show incorrect results. It worked correctly before.  

As "ibendlin" informed me: " So yes, it is possible that there are differences in the rendering engine between desktop and service (we had very frequent service updates already this year). " 

Will that issue be addressed some time soon? 

Thank you!