Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Bug Report: Waterfall Chart Total Column Display Issue in Power BI Service

Dear Microsoft Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to report a bug that I discovered yesterday in the Waterfall chart's total column within the Power BI service.

Upon reviewing several dashboards I've created, I noticed that the total column of the Waterfall chart is not displaying the bar and data label as expected. Instead, I can only see the column labeled as "Total" along with a small colored line at the end of the bar. This discrepancy is not observed when viewing the same dashboard within the Power BI desktop application, where everything appears to function correctly.

I kindly request your assistance in resolving this issue as soon as possible to ensure the accurate representation of data in our reports.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Hi all,

This issue has been fixed, thanks for your patience!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi  @nidhisakariya ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.

jdevries192
Frequent Visitor

Also experiencing this issue and looking for an update.

Thanks!

nidhisakariya
Frequent Visitor

@jdevries192  I have found a solutions that works for me as of now! Atleast until the bug gets resolved, you can try this if you want to..

You should use SELECTEDVALUE instead of MAX in the formula

Checkout here:
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/Waterfall-chart-on-Power-BI-service-is-not-working-...

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi all,

This issue has been fixed, thanks for your patience!

Best regards.