Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

refresh failures

Experiencing a metric ton of refresh failures this morning that site intermitent issues. Error message is:
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

I understand transient issues but I am now at 18 failures. Is there a larger issue? Nothing on the support page.

Comments
Lorentzt
Frequent Visitor

I have had the same error sinde friday on one of our datasets. Same both on manual and automatic refresh.

sirlanceohlott
Advocate III

We went from having transient refresh failures maybe a few times a week to multiple random dataset models have refresh failures throughout each day. 

It seems to have started in February around the same time as @kcantor and persists to date.

I'm hoping we can get a solid fix in place for scheduled refreshes as that is where the issues seem to be.

alexrobe_aht
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately same here: multiple datesets fail because of internal service error

alexrobe_aht_0-1621577061588.png

Refreshing via PowerBI-Dekstop is fine.

Details for copying:

Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:f5f74e41-7be5-4460-bdde-15d610b161d2
Request ID:562b142f-cc8b-2fa7-2da9-da64e6075243
Time:2021-05-21 05:38:27Z

Thanks!

ReportMaster
Helper V

Hi @alexrobe_aht I know this reply is very late, but were you able to find a solution? I've used the Salesforce connector but I had some issues updating my data too. Maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png