Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cannot use quick measure

Hi ,

I cannot use most of the quick measures. Once I choose a calcultion, say percentage difference, after several minutes of waiting, it showed "Something went wrong, an error occurred while rendering the report". then the app crashed. I've tried to re-start the laptop and re-install the app but both not helping.

Could you help with that? Thank you.

Hi @fantasea ,

Please try close all instances of Power BI Desktop. Then Open file explorer and navigate to the folder <system drive>:\\Users\\<user>\\AppData\\Local\\Microsoft\\Power BI Desktop\\CEF\\cache. Replace <system drive> with your operating system hard disk partition and <user> with your user profile name,delete all contents of this folder.
Finally,restart Power BI Desktop or install the latest version.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @fantasea ,

Please try close all instances of Power BI Desktop. Then Open file explorer and navigate to the folder <system drive>:\\Users\\<user>\\AppData\\Local\\Microsoft\\Power BI Desktop\\CEF\\cache. Replace <system drive> with your operating system hard disk partition and <user> with your user profile name,delete all contents of this folder.
Finally,restart Power BI Desktop or install the latest version.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

agolebiowska88

Hi, I have the same issue, but proposed solution didnt help.

fantasea

hey @agolebiowska88 

I had found a temporary solution so that I could get to continue my work 🙂 - it seemed like this issue only occurred with the latest verison of bi, so I downloaded an older version and the same issue never happened again...hope this can help