Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

need to connect (local) Power BI throught (cloud) On-premises data gateway to MS SQL server

need to connect (local) Power BI, through On-premises data gateway (cloud), to MS SQL server (on bussiness server)

I managed to connect Cloud Power BI to bussiness SQL server through Data Gateway, but when i try to do the same on my laptops using my power platform credentials, ssl error appears

DataSource.Error: Microsoft SQL: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - La cadena de certificación fue emitida por una entidad en la que no se confía.)

Hi  @OscarLake 

On-premises data gateway (cloud) ?  Can you explain it in detail ? Your data source (MS SQL server) is on a bussiness server , is this server local or in the cloud? So you are using Power BI Service on your laptop to connect to SQL?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @OscarLake 

On-premises data gateway (cloud) ?  Can you explain it in detail ? Your data source (MS SQL server) is on a bussiness server , is this server local or in the cloud? So you are using Power BI Service on your laptop to connect to SQL?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

OscarLake

On a Windows Server, with MS SQL Server, installing this microsoft tool, https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-install#download-and-inst...

then in https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/gateways
i got this...

GW.jpg

and works! but...., when I download my powerBI report directly from the online editor, to continue editing in local ...

OscarLake_0-1713179267723.png

OscarLake_1-1713179320430.png

SSL error