Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to access dataset settings in Workspace

Is there any on-going issue that disable dataset settings in in Workspace? I am unable to go to my dataset settings to setup their gateways or refresh schedules.

PeterNguyen_VIA_0-1679674900858.png

Hi @PeterNguyen_VIA ,

I did the same test in Google Chrome and unfortunately still did not reproduce your problem.
My browser  Version 111.0.5563.147 (Official Build) (64-bit)

vxiaoyanmsft_2-1680146128717.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @PeterNguyen_VIA ,

You can still access this setting even if you are a workspace viewer. Is the problem in a specific dataset or workspace? Or do you have this problem with all your datasets?
I tested it on my side and it works fine.

Best regards.

PeterNguyen_VIA
Regular Visitor

Thank you for checking! It happens to all types of datasets in my Workspace since last Friday, 03/24/2023. I tried again today and I'm still unable to access the dataset settings . FYI: This is my Workspace; I'm the owner, not viewer. 

PeterNguyen_VIA
Regular Visitor

Update: I am now able to access the dataset settings using MS Edge as a browser. Still unable to do so with Google Chrome.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @PeterNguyen_VIA ,

I did the same test in Google Chrome and unfortunately still did not reproduce your problem.
My browser  Version 111.0.5563.147 (Official Build) (64-bit)

vxiaoyanmsft_2-1680146128717.png

Best regards.

PeterNguyen_VIA
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Update: I can access the dataset settings in My WorkSpace on Google Chrome browser today 03/30/2023.

Thank you for checking!

PN

maddogp
Frequent Visitor

Good day,
I am having the same issue;  accessing PowerBI service Dataset Settings in Chrome (and Firefox).
As well, unable to access Admin Portal.
Both are accessible through Edge.
Of the 4 admin in our organization, 2 have this issue.  2 are able to access through Chrome.
I see that it had been resolved for other user.  Thoughts on what is causing this?
Thanks