Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Switching to a different visual while editing title applies changes to the new visual

Hi,

There's a bug (or maybe it's by design), but when you're editing options that contain text (e.g. visual title) and you quickly switch to another visual before the validation of the new value, this new value applies to the visual that you've just selected. Steps to reproduce:

1) Add two visuals, e.g. two cards

2) Start changing the title of one of them

1.png

3) After adding a few characters, quickly click on the second card without waiting for value validation

2.png

4) The title that you just typed will be applied to the newly selected card instead of the card for which you started changing the title in the first place

3.png

There is a value validation after a short interval, but if you switch before this validation, your changes are not applied as expected (they're applied to the other visual).

Regards,

Hi @kabdrx 

In fact, I don't understand what is the point of your quick visual switch ? If we need to change the visual title , we change the content in title and confirm it in visual . We won't be able to verify that the title change is in effect by quickly switching visuals. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @kabdrx 

In fact, I don't understand what is the point of your quick visual switch ? If we need to change the visual title , we change the content in title and confirm it in visual . We won't be able to verify that the title change is in effect by quickly switching visuals. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

kabdrx
Advocate I

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

In my case, I was removing one character at the end of each title, and while quickly removing it and going to the next visual, this next visual was getting the title from the previous visual due to this missing validation while switching visuals. For instance, I had something like: "Very important title:", and while removing the two-dot and going to the next visual titled "A more important title:", the title from the first visual (so, "Very important title") was actually applied to the newly selected visual, and in the end I had two visuals with "Very important title:" (the old version of the title which was not changed on the first visual) and "Very important title" (new version without the two-dot that was applied to the visual that initially had "A more important title:" title). The outcome is that I've lost the title of the second visual.

It's probably of low importance, but I wanted to highlight that.

Regards,