Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Error publishing

Multiple users at our location with multiple dashboards on multiple destinations are getting the message:

An error occurred while attempting to publish 'DASHBOARD.pbix': Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by remote host.

Hi @VertivKenCohen ,

Does this error appear for all reports or only for this report?

If this error appear for all publishing reports, please check if you have VPN turned on that is blocking the process.

What kind of workspace are you trying to publish your report to, My Workspace or AppWorkspace?

Please update your Power BI Desktop version and try again.

I think too large data model may be a reason for your scenario, maybe you can try to cut down you data size and try again.

In addition, you can also take a look at following links who faced similar issue:

"Unable to write to the transport connection."

Issue with Publishing PBIX File

If above not help, please provide more content about this issue.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @VertivKenCohen ,

Does this error appear for all reports or only for this report?

If this error appear for all publishing reports, please check if you have VPN turned on that is blocking the process.

What kind of workspace are you trying to publish your report to, My Workspace or AppWorkspace?

Please update your Power BI Desktop version and try again.

I think too large data model may be a reason for your scenario, maybe you can try to cut down you data size and try again.

In addition, you can also take a look at following links who faced similar issue:

"Unable to write to the transport connection."

Issue with Publishing PBIX File

If above not help, please provide more content about this issue.

Best regards,

VertivKenCohen

Selina:

Thank you for responding.  This occurs for multiple reports.  I was not on VPN, but in the office on the company network.

We are using AppWorkspace and it occurs on multiple destinations.  It also occurs on my workspace.

A vendor who works with us remotely was able to publish a much larger dataset.  My client version is October 2022

VertivKenCohen

Selina:

This now appears to be intermittently occurring.  We are able to publish dashboards, but still get the error sometimes.

Ken

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @VertivKenCohen ,

Do you need further error troubleshooting? As you said, it is most likely an intermittent error, and I am not aware of any similar problems. If you explore further, is there a detailed and complete error message panel? Including some ids associated with it.

Best regards,