Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Metric processing failed. Activity Id

I have this error Metric processing failed. Activity Id: c44204d0-c50f-48ab-a831-058305918963, which appears when i tried to refresh a Metric in my Scorecard (Metric). I solved it filtering in my bar chart the current year, so my question is how much capacity does Metric have to refresh automatically without encountering an error?

Hi  @Carlosce96 ,

The capacity of Power BI to refresh metrics automatically without encountering an error depends on several factors, including the complexity of your data model, the number of data sources, and the volume of data being processed.

However, it’s important to note that when a capacity is overloaded, all ongoing scheduled and ad-hoc refreshes are stopped. Refreshes are restarted when the capacity is available Users interacting with the capacity will lose unsaved work and should refresh their browsers after the restart is complete.

If you’re frequently encountering capacity issues, you might need to consider scaling up your capacity or turning on autoscale. The Microsoft Fabric Capacity Metrics app can provide monitoring capabilities for Microsoft Fabric capacities and help identify when to scale up your capacity.

What is the Microsoft Fabric Capacity Metrics app? - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Remember, managing capacity settings requires a Power BI Premium or Fabric F64 or greater capacity. If you don’t meet the minimum requirements for any of these, contact your Power BI administrator before you begin.

Capacity management improvement and more granularity in the Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics app | ...

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @Carlosce96 ,

The capacity of Power BI to refresh metrics automatically without encountering an error depends on several factors, including the complexity of your data model, the number of data sources, and the volume of data being processed.

However, it’s important to note that when a capacity is overloaded, all ongoing scheduled and ad-hoc refreshes are stopped. Refreshes are restarted when the capacity is available Users interacting with the capacity will lose unsaved work and should refresh their browsers after the restart is complete.

If you’re frequently encountering capacity issues, you might need to consider scaling up your capacity or turning on autoscale. The Microsoft Fabric Capacity Metrics app can provide monitoring capabilities for Microsoft Fabric capacities and help identify when to scale up your capacity.

What is the Microsoft Fabric Capacity Metrics app? - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Remember, managing capacity settings requires a Power BI Premium or Fabric F64 or greater capacity. If you don’t meet the minimum requirements for any of these, contact your Power BI administrator before you begin.

Capacity management improvement and more granularity in the Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics app | ...

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn