Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Shape Map Visual - Color Saturation Option Missing in New Visualization Pane

Hi everyone,

I've been using Map Shape Visuals in Power BI Desktop for a while and since there was a modification of the visualization pane I can't find the option to choose my saturation color and set saturation values.
There are options to select the borders color, to select the empty zones color but no option to select the saturation color and values. I'm stuck with the default blue.

Here are some screen shots from the old visualisation pane (2 pics on the left) and the new one (2 pics on the right) (in French).

Old visualization menuOld visualization menuOld visualization menuOld visualization menuNew visualization menuNew visualization menuNew visualization menuNew visualization menu

I think this option has been forgotten in the new visualization pane.

Can you please correct this ?

Best regards and mery christmas to everyone.

Julien.

Hi,

According to my research, it is a known limitation that is mentioned in the official document, which will be added to the new format pane in the future:

vrobertqmsft_0-1640573785420.png

For more info:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-format-pane#considerations-and-limita...

I also suggest you to make sure you have updated to the latest version of the Power BI desktop.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi,

According to my research, it is a known limitation that is mentioned in the official document, which will be added to the new format pane in the future:

vrobertqmsft_0-1640573785420.png

For more info:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-format-pane#considerations-and-limita...

I also suggest you to make sure you have updated to the latest version of the Power BI desktop.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Julber75
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Although I find it weird to migrate only partially those features, I will wait for MS to complete the job.

Best regards and happy holidays.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

OK,thanks for your response, have a happy holiday!