Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerQuery - Validating queries when saving is taking excessively long time

I'm struggling to be able to work efficiently with Dataflows as I am experiencing excessive times to 'validate' queries after pressing the 'Save & Close' button. For entities with even a minimal amount of transformation (eg. simply changing some column data types) I've experienced wait times of over 3 hours to simply save the query to exit out back to the main entity menu/view. Should things be taking this long for an output schema validation process, regardless of the size of the underlying table data? Is this an issue being experienced by others as well?

This is making it simply impossible for me to work with the Dataflows product in this way.

2019-12-03_16-00-57.png

Comments
Simeon
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. I have a few queries that combine a large number of excel files located in the same SharePoint folder. If I only leave a few files in that folder, the save is much quicker and once saved I can move the files back into the folder and refresh, so it must have something to do with the amount of data that needs processing, especially if you have steps such as Group, etc. Not sure there's a simple way to do this if your data is in any sort of database.

+1 Definitely need the Skip Option!

Splitting the dataflow into multiple dataflows is also a solution. One for Pre-Stage, and one for transformation works well for me.

EnriqueRodLan
Regular Visitor

Hi everyone!!

I'm suffering the same issue.... Please enable skip option!!

Best Regards

Zoubeyr
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Same here, can't go any further with my developements. What's the point of having Dataflow take over the code and check (in a quite obscure way) if there are "issues" somewhere !!!

Skipping must be added asap, Dataflow is becoming unusable !

Best regards,