Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power Query Bug Comments deleted in advanced editor

Hi all,

I just ran into this very old bug again, which exists for years already, but which appearently has never been mentioned before (at least I cannot find anything about it), so I decided to report it this time.

What happens is that Power Query comments in Query designer are sometimes deleted automatically by Power BI Desktop.

This specifically happens when the comments are directly above the 'in'-line. Add a new last step in Power BI (try a sort for instance), remove that last step and voila, your comment is gone.

It would be nice if this can be fixed, because I have already lost some important comments and work because of this in the past and I find myself always copying all information (comments) to external files because of this unreliability.

This is especially annoying when commenting out part of your code, quickly trying something new, removing these new steps again, only to discover that your original code is now gone, combined with the lack of any undo options in the query editor.

Cheers,

Niels

The ETA for this issue is June 30, so stay tuned.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 311159640), would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress about it.

Best Regards,

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

The ETA for this issue is June 30, so stay tuned.

Best Regards,

C4YNelis
Advocate II

Hi @v-yingjl ,

thank you very much for your swift response and your help! This would be a nice fix indeed! This bug is around since 2015 at least. 😉

Enjoy your day,

cheers,

Niels