Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Let the new field parameter work with slicers ?

Gents,

already impressed by the new field parameter and was testing it in my reports

in one case it doesn't work as I would expect: in a slicer I select the regions parameter and would expect to see the hierarchy or parts of the hierarchy but I only see the field parameter (right view) ; original hierarchical slicer (left)

Would it be feasible to make the field parameter work with slicer? in such a case by selecting only CompanyCountry, the user would see only Austria, Belgium,... and not the hierarchy Region, Sub-Region before ???

2022-05-27_12-05-28.gif

Hi @marcl1 

You mean, when you select Company Country in the parameter parameter, only the content in the Company Country column appears in the Slicer options for filtering ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @marcl1 

You mean, when you select Company Country in the parameter parameter, only the content in the Company Country column appears in the Slicer options for filtering ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

marcl1
Helper II

no, i mean whatever i try to select in the parameter i continue to see the right picture with no appearance of the elements...

jdusek92
Helper IV

Hello,

I would like to have this feature. Currently you can use slicer to select the "field parameter", but it would be usefull if you could also dynamically change what the slicer is filtering - based on another slicer with "Field Parameter"
For example in a Matrix - if you put Field Parameter in Rows, you can select between "Show values of selected field" and "show selected field"

jdusek92_0-1659123256518.png

Having the same option for the slicer would allow me to have one slicer to select a dimension and another one to filter on the selected dimension.

LangeHolm
Regular Visitor

I agree with @jdusek92 

Recently started using field parameters, which I find very powerful tool that is easily implemented.
But I also experiencing the mentioned shortcoming of not having a slicer that update to the selected field instead of showing the selected Field Parameter. 

marcl1
Helper II

Hi,

since I posted this 5 months ago I realized that the field parameters use the normal slicer to allow the selection.

Definitely, having the advanced feature would be great and I assume that Microsoft should really think how to make it: it has potential 🙂

Mohit_Chhabra
Regular Visitor

Yes, When i am using the Parameter, I am not able to filter the header based on slicer selection. The only option is to hardcode the slicer values and and repeat all measures in Parameter. 😞