Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Power BI filled map stopped working on the desktop and in the app, but all other map options work

I have a fillable map in a Power BI that has been working fine up until the latest update. My coworker noticed that published map was blank in his browser, but it showed up fine in mine (both in the desktop and in service). In my attempt to troubleshoot the problem, I cleared my cache and updated my Power BI Desktop, and that "broke" the fillable map for me on desktop and my Edge browser, it shows just data in Virginia in Chrome, and the full shaded fields in Firefox (yesterday) and with a shaded Wyoming (today). I have tried everything I could find online about this issue, but it looks like it's specific to the rendering of the fillable map itself and not with the geocoding or data. Please help!

Image from Edge

LysaHa_1-1719505940480.png

Image from Google Chrome

LysaHa_2-1719506323445.png

Image from Firefox

LysaHa_3-1719506760768.png

It's not a problem with the geocoding or data because the bubble map and shape maps work as expected

LysaHa_4-1719506829168.pngLysaHa_5-1719506859285.png

Hi @LysaHa ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and keep investigate it.  I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
craigandshenan

craigandshenan_0-1719510794797.png

I'm having the exact same issue.... The bubble maps work but not the county filled maps.  I can see the counties in my formula and the color that each county should be, but it won't show up on the map.  This is a recent issue and it is broken across many of our county heat map dashboards.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @LysaHa ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and keep investigate it.  I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn