Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service: Workspace selection ignored

Hi there,
since Saturday, workspace selections in Power BI Service are simply ignored and navigation will happen to "My Workspace" instead.
Seeing this in different tenants.
So in the left navigation pane, I select a workspace and will land on "My Workspace" instead:

ImkeF_0-1698652510958.png

Hi  @ImkeF 

I tested it in my local environment and did not have the problem you mentioned. Here is a screenshot of my operation and version information.

Recording 2023-10-31 at 08.38.02.gif

vyetao1msft_1-1698712938329.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @ImkeF 

I tested it in my local environment and did not have the problem you mentioned. Here is a screenshot of my operation and version information.

Recording 2023-10-31 at 08.38.02.gif

vyetao1msft_1-1698712938329.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

ImkeF
Super User

Thanks @v-yetao1-msft 
for investigating.
I heard around a bit and actually one of my contacts had a similar problem.

I can reproduce the problem on different tenants by doing the following:

1. Open Power BI in the browser
  2. Open a workspace that contains a dataflow: On the left navigation pane, below "Workspaces", the name of the opened workspace will appear.
  3. Open a dataflow: Below the opened workspace name the name of the dataflow will appear. But also at the same time, the workspace name will automatically be changed to "My Workspace".
  4. Now, if you want to open a 2nd artifact in that workspace, you have to open the workspace "again". How? By going back to "Workspaces". Now, if you select the workspace there, the selection will be ignored.

Please check out the video enclosed where I recorded all the steps: (3) BugWorkspaceSelectionOct2023 - YouTube

james_work
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem. Been around a week for me now.

Joshrodgers123
Advocate IV

I have the same problem. When navigated to workspaces from many different pages (dataflows, deployment pipelines, etc), it takes you to my workspace instead.

rdnguyen
Helper V

I noticed this case similar to mine. Just as you close your dataflow in a workspace, you are returned to the default workspace set as the second option right below Workspaces menu item

rdnguyen_0-1699711933900.png

ImkeF
Super User

Hello @v-yetao1-msft ,
any news on this?
This seems to become a general pattern in all of my tenants that dataflow related actions will revert workspaces back to "My Workspace".
Usually, refreshing the browser will then bring back the originally selected workspace, but this doesn't happen reliably.

Joshrodgers123
Advocate IV
ImkeF
Super User

Thanks @Joshrodgers123  !