Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Power BI Report Server - modifying an item description, you lose the data source connection setting

We are using the latest version of Power Bi Report Server, 15.0.2.389 (march 2018).

I have found out that if you set or modify the description of an item, all the settings for the data source connection are deleted completely. The tab "Data Source" is grayed out.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Publish a Power BI Report on the server with the client Power BI Desktop (March 2018). When you publish a report for the first time, the description on the server is empty
  2. Open the details of the report just published (Manage option), and you see the "Properties" tab.
  3. Select the "Data Source" tab and you should see the connection details that you have set with Power BI Desktop
  4. Come back to the "Properties" tab and here you find the description field.
  5. Write some text in the description field and click the Apply button
  6. Now select the "Data Source" tab again and you will see that all the data source settings are gone.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Vosaxalo,

I can reproduce the issue on my side. I have sent a email to consult this issue internally, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Vosaxalo,

I got information internally that the fix would be released soon. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu