Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Power BI Desktop WebView2 crash

Power BI is experiencing a problem with WebView2. We need your help to understand and fix this issue. If you are willing to help out, please contact us at pbidesktopwebview2issues@service.microsoft.com

Hi all ,

We have noticed your problem, this problem is mostly related to the environment, usually anti-virus and code integrity conflict, or webview2 should be upgraded, you can refer to this document below.

Resolve startup issues with Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If the problem still exists, you need to collect logs for further troubleshooting.Since community support engineers don't have that access, I would suggest opening a Support Ticket. And a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
adlsh11
Frequent Visitor

Did anyone manage to solve the issue Web2View crash? 
I am running an ARM-based Windows and have experienced the issue for the entire week now.

courtneyR
Frequent Visitor

I am getting the WebView2 error along with STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION error every few minutes in Power BI since 3/5/24. There is no consistency to when this happens. Figured since it keeps asking me to report it here I will, hopefully someone can help.
PowerBI_Error.PNG

rochang
Regular Visitor

I am experiencing this issue 😞

pavanmanideep
Helper III

Hi,

I faced this issue today, please suggest the resolution.

Thank you.

jhoggard
Employee

I was transported to this page because I encountered the WebView2 error when preparing to close PowerBI Desktop. I had already saved my changes in the dashboard I was working on, so I'm not sure what caused this myserious error or what it means. It does seem like it has been around a couple of years. I am grateful that it only gets in the way when I try to close the program and not when actually using it.

ADMusselman
Regular Visitor

Reveived another WebView2 error today. This frequently happens when I undock my laptop while having Power BI Desktop open. 

guli_kar
Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the issue with black screen and message web2 crash pbidesktopwebview2issues@service.microsoft.com

Renna
Frequent Visitor

This brought me here: 

Renna_0-1712251351154.png

guli_kar
Regular Visitor

when this issue will be resolved ? 

Heesha2024

I am having issues with my Power Bi,the app is not closing and I was ask to get intouch with web view. I hope the issue can be resolved as soon as possible as I can also see other complaint regarding this.