Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Postgre SQL Database refresh Error

Hello!

Setting up a new dataflow. I connect to my data type of Postgresql.

I enter the connection, database name, and password, add it to the gateway and then I see my data in Power Query. Great!

I make ZERO power query steps, simply save and refresh. 

The refresh fails and gives this error:

Error: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'We don't support CLR type 'NpgsqlTypes.NpgsqlTsVector'

Why can I see the data in the preview but not refresh? It's obviously connecting to it in preview?! 

Hi @AdamSabourin 

According to your error report, I searched for some errors related to dataflow, but there is no similar issue . Did you report the error caused by manual refresh or the error caused by scheduled refresh ? Maybe you can refer to the steps in the link below .

https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/postgresql-powerbi-dataflows.rst 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @AdamSabourin 

According to your error report, I searched for some errors related to dataflow, but there is no similar issue . Did you report the error caused by manual refresh or the error caused by scheduled refresh ? Maybe you can refer to the steps in the link below .

https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/postgresql-powerbi-dataflows.rst 

Best Regards,

AdamSabourin
Frequent Visitor

The error happens after the data flow has gone through its "save and close" checks/verifications and is on its initial refresh. It also occurs after manually initiated refresh. Thank you for investigating this.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @AdamSabourin 

Can your dataflow refresh normally ?

Best Regards,

AdamSabourin
Frequent Visitor

No I just tried again. Same issue:

PostgreSQL...

I enter the connection, database name, and password, add it to the gateway and then I see my data in Power Query. Great! It reads the data just fine in Power Query!

I make ZERO power query steps, simply save and refresh. 

The refresh fails and gives this error:

Error: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'We don't support CLR type 'NpgsqlTypes.NpgsqlTsVector'

If I try to manually refresh the saved dataflow, the same thing...  

Error: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'We don't support CLR type 'NpgsqlTypes.NpgsqlTsVector'.' Request ID: 7c5c2f7b-f1f0-8078-cc03-333f8226994e Activity ID: e3e93d98-3a9c-44ed-a322-2514e8038f5b

AdamSabourin
Frequent Visitor

OK. We finally figured it out. The PostgreSQL data source tables have parameter columns in them called "tsv". If you remove that column as a power query step and save, it will refresh!