Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Paginated Report URL Issue

I am facing issues while passing URL parameters from Power BI Service reports to Paginated Reports.

I have created a paginated report to overcome the export limitation of Power BI Service reports with an export icon which passes parameters from reports on service to Paginated report. There are several issues here:

1. The URL string is hitting the character limit and the link does not work when huge parameter list is passed.

2. If I try to default values in Paginated report as a workaound and then pass only selected parameters in the URL then my Paginated report is throwing error saying query too complex when its trying to default parameters with huge list PBIX file. 

Please pour in some suggestions experts. I have been stuck on this for a while now.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @RuchikaSoni 

To my knowledge, there are some limitations with transferring selected parameters when directing the user into Report Builder.

1. you can define no more than 10 filters conditions.
  2. URL bytes length is very limited

Regards,

Lin