Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error:

My reports are using Odata and were working till last week and now this error comes up 

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error..

Hi @divyansh95 

• May I know whether you get this issue when you refresh your report based on OData data source?
  • Which connector did you use to create your report? Did you use OData Feed connector?
  • To refresh it, did you configure gateway for it?
  • Could you please download your report from Power BI service(app.powerbi.com) and open it in Power BI Desktop? After that, check the Applied steps in Power Query Editor(Enter it by clicking on Transform Data) to see whether there is any errors? In addition, please try to refresh this report in Power BI Desktop to see whether it can be refreshed successfully?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @divyansh95 

• May I know whether you get this issue when you refresh your report based on OData data source?
  • Which connector did you use to create your report? Did you use OData Feed connector?
  • To refresh it, did you configure gateway for it?
  • Could you please download your report from Power BI service(app.powerbi.com) and open it in Power BI Desktop? After that, check the Applied steps in Power Query Editor(Enter it by clicking on Transform Data) to see whether there is any errors? In addition, please try to refresh this report in Power BI Desktop to see whether it can be refreshed successfully?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

divyansh95
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-cazheng-msft 

I have multiple reports which were working fine till last week and now am facing this error both on service and desktop. and nothings been changed on source side and in reports

- I am using Odata feed connector

- Yes gateway is configured and I have other odata links also which are working fine

- I did it even after removing all the transformation steps i get the same error when i apply changes in pbi desktop(att screenshot)

divyansh95_0-1640767998663.png

Thanks,
Divyansh