Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG- Power BI Preview 'New Format Pane" is missing vital Chiclet slicer and general slicer options

With the Preview of "New Format Pane" selected, the Chiclet slicer options of Orientation, Columns, Rows, Show Disabled, Multiple Selection Off/On, Forced selection Off/On are missing. The general slicer is missing Orientation, Multiple Selection w CTL and Single Select.  I don't have screen shots of the general slicer, but it's similar to the one's below. Just missing altogether.

Running Power BI Desktop 64bit and 32bit - saw it in both versions with December 2021 update. On windows 10 Enterprise.

Chiclet Slicer with preview not selected

tslocum_0-1640721254364.png

chiclet slicer with Preview of "new format pane" selected

tslocum_1-1640721265539.png

Hi,

As far as I’m concerned, the selection setting of the slicer in the new format pane existing in the slicer setting->selection:

vrobertqmsft_0-1640743585476.png

If you still have a problem, I suggest you to update to the latest version of the Power BI desktop.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi,

As far as I’m concerned, the selection setting of the slicer in the new format pane existing in the slicer setting->selection:

vrobertqmsft_0-1640743585476.png

If you still have a problem, I suggest you to update to the latest version of the Power BI desktop.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

tslocum
Frequent Visitor

@v-robertq-msft The ChicletSlicer does not have the options in your screen shots above. Below are screen shots of all options in the ChicletSlicer. No slicer options of Orientation, Columns, Rows, Show Disabled, Multiple Selection Off/On, Forced selection Off/On are to be found.

As I wrote above I am running the latest version of the software. This will need to be fixed.

tslocum_3-1640783995139.png

tslocum_1-1640783839138.png

tslocum_0-1640783804015.png

tslocum_4-1640784189929.png

tslocum_2-1640783925709.png

tslocum_5-1640784407998.png

tslocum_6-1640784430445.png

tslocum_7-1640784453490.png

kb-sn
Regular Visitor

Hi, I am experiencing this same issue with the Chiclet Slicer. I needed to turn on the "Forced Selection" option, but could not find it anywhere in the new filter pane. I had to turn off the "new filter pane" preview feature and restart Power BI, just to change this one setting in the old filter pane.

I am having a similar issue with another custom visual, Advance Card. This visual has two Alignment option under the General tab in the old format pane. Neither of these options are available in the new format pane.  (I looked through every card and used the search feature.) See below for screenshots. 

Please ensure this is resolved prior to officially implementing this preview feature!! 

Advance Card General settings in old filter pane:
kbsn_0-1644208758773.png

Advance Card General settings in new filter pane:

kbsn_1-1644209264698.png

LauBul
Advocate I

This topic should have never been marked as DELIVERED.  @v-robertq-msft (Microsoft Community Support) was not using the new format pane (or if he is, it's not what is available to end-users), which is specified in the post to be where the issue lies. I won't add screenshots, as mine mirror what others have already posted.

This is the slicer I've come to use most heavily, BUT, if I can't specify the number of columns needed, then it's pretty much moot.

These features need to be added in the new format pane (as they are in the old one): 
Orientation, Columns, Rows, Show Disabled, Multiple Selection Off/On, Forced selection Off/On 

I'm running the latest version of the software & latest version of the visualization add-in. 

dsmitha
Responsive Resident

Am also facing the same issue with chiclet slicer , unable to set orientation amd columns / rows 

please look into and resolve the issue. Iam a heavy user of Chiclet slicer

tslocum
Frequent Visitor

FYI To everyone who reads this. It was fixed when the full version of the new format pane was released in February release.

dsmitha
Responsive Resident

thank you very much, its working fine now