Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

New card visual: Ongoing issues (Repeated indices found in GroupBy or Projections)

Good news first: It looks like with the February update, this issue was resolved: New card visual bug ... 
But sadly now there's a new issue with the visual, this time it's the custom formatting of the Reference Labels.

timalbers_0-1708353886168.png

Some operations are causing the whole visual to throw the above error "Repeated indices found in GroupBy or Projections".
In my case it happens every time I am adding a custom format rule for Reference Label > Detail > Font Color / Color.
This is only the case when the same field is used for the formatting rule like as for the data of the detail field itself.

Hi  @timalbers 

I used a field  more than once in different properties of the same visual. The information displayed on the new card visual is still normal, and there are no errors as you say. Is it possible for you to create a sample for reference? 

vyetao1msft_0-1709027407573.png

vyetao1msft_1-1709027451410.png

vyetao1msft_2-1709027597076.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
cback
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft  Attaching a example report with the issue. At first i managed to format the visual correctly but next time when i did all the steps at once the problem occurred. 
Version: 2.126.927.0 (february 2024)

Crashing visual.pbix 

Pie
Frequent Visitor

Hi  @timalbers,

You could try this way which works for me.

I have encountered the same error as you. "Repeated indices found in GroupBy or Projections" made me realize that this bug may be caused by the repeated application of measure. It seems that the New Card dosen't allow that the measure is used simultaneously in both Data in Detail tag and conditional formatting.

So, you could make two same measure, one for Data in Detail tag, one for conditional formatting.

As below, I have a percentage measure, Percentage1 = DIVIDE([Difference], SUM(Goal)). And I create another measure for the bug, which is Percentage2 = DIVIDE([Difference], SUM(Goal)).Percentage1 is for Detail -> Data. Percentage2 is for  Detail -> Font Colar -> fx.

Pie_2-1710316732172.png

Pie_3-1710316815813.png

DBechai
Regular Visitor

The solution that @Pie provided works. I have been working with Microsoft for almost two weeks and they provided the same work around with the following instructions: 

• Undo to a state where the card visual is working, or remake the card visual without the re-using a problematic conditional formatting field (a field that is already used in the visual for the card value, reference label value, or reference label detail value).
  • If you need to use the same value again, you can create a new explicit measure in your model that references that field, like "Duplicate Measure = Original Measure".