Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Network Navigator Visualization Issues

I am using the Network Navigator to show relations in a dataset with long names. In order to keep the name labels from overlapping, I have set the "Charge" value to -700.

Unfortunately, every time I leave the tab or report, and come back so that the Navigator has to re-render, the visual is displaying a lower "Charge" value, causing my nodes and labels to overlap in a very distracting way.Automation nexus before.pngAutomation nexus after.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @elocke,

Based on my test in Power BI desktop version 2.55.5010.641 64-bit (February 2018), if there are too many values in Network Navigator visual, when we change report page then back to the visual, it need a little seconds to render all data, but finally the visual will display based on the Charge value, the Charge setting will not changed. If you close the report, please remember to save the change. 

After save Charge change, and back to Network Navigator visual wait for a little seconds, does the issue persists? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

elocke
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun,

I have saved the report after making the change to the charge settings, and waited several minutes for the charge value to fix itself when the visual re-renders, but the problem persists.

I am running the same version of Power BI that you mentioned above (Feb 2018).

When I look back at the charge setting, it still shows as -700 even though the visual does not reflect that value. If I change it to -701, then it fixes itself immediately. So it seems like there's some default maximum value that is being used when the visual re-renders instead of the actual charge value, until the value is changed manually.

Thanks for looking into this!

-Eric