Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NEW BUG: Version: 2.117.984.0 64bit (May 2023)

Power BI Desktop Version: 2.117.984.0 64bit(May 2023)

When I try using Power BI Desktop Shortcut by Shift+Right click different user, It was previously working for me to login using different account. But recently I have updated the Power BI Desktop software(May 2023), after that I have getting below error, Kindly help on this.

Unable to sign in
Sorry, we encountered an error while trying to sign you in.
Details:
Unknown Status: Unexpected

Error: 0xfffffffff80070520
Context: Unexpected exception while waiting for accounts control to finish: '(pii)'
Tag: 0x1f7d734b (error code -2147023584) (internal error code 528315211)

Hi @Karthikeyan_Jo 

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
verianalizi
Frequent Visitor

@andrewpirie  Thank you sir ! 🙂 

boblord

We're also having this issue.  

ps1982
Frequent Visitor

Just to confirm, this works for me now in the latest version - you do get the pop up about Web Account Manager but clicking retry works so I'm now able to open PBI with one account, sign in with another and publish again. Thanks for sorting!

ps1982_0-1689322500700.png

sonado79
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately the update still doesn't work.

I'm able to start the Desktop application as a different user, but - when opening a PBIX-file the whole application freezes and has to be shutted down via Task manager. 

Please re-open this Bug ...

Best,
Kevin

vinestim1
Regular Visitor

I have this issue also. Certain reports require me to log in as a different user. This needs a solution urgently

verianalizi
Frequent Visitor

It is still present for me. Anyone found a solution? 

ps1982
Frequent Visitor

The only consistent way I've found to get around it is using the April version for the times I need to log in using a different account - I've got the latest on my desktop and April's on the dev server. 

verianalizi
Frequent Visitor

I found a solution. First, I opened my pc with the account that I used to use for "run as diffirent user". And I signed in to PBI. Then I switched to my normal account. And then I opened via "run as diffirent user" method again. There was no problem. I hope it works for you, too.