Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop - Publish doesnt work

I'am using the last version of Power BI and when a click in Publish, Power bi make the habitual steeps and "publish"... But when I go in the workspace the report is not updated or created. I have teste in a shared workspace and my workspace. 

Hi @RémyA 

Can you publish your report to Service normally now ? I tested with May version , publishing report to Service worked well , you can see the screen below . Maybe you can uninstall Desktop completely and then re-download the latest version from download center and try to publish the report.

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Recording 2023-05-31 at 09.05.04 (1).gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @RémyA 

Can you publish your report to Service normally now ? I tested with May version , publishing report to Service worked well , you can see the screen below . Maybe you can uninstall Desktop completely and then re-download the latest version from download center and try to publish the report.

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Recording 2023-05-31 at 09.05.04 (1).gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

RémyA
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-yetao1-msft 

What a i found until now, after reinstall Power BI. Is: I have open a Report in a Sharepoint, using the new option to Open the report with "Onedrive" (the file is not localy in my pc)  and when I do it, I can not publish the report. If a save the report localy in my machine I can publish normaly.

laurenfaber
Employee

**EDIT**

Hi @Remy  and @v-yetao1-msft 

The bug you mentioned should be fixed! 

If it's still not working, save the OneDrive or SharePoint file to your local machine and publish to the Power BI service. 

Thank you for your patience! We would love any other feedback you have on the new OneDrive and SharePoint capabilities! 

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar

@RémyA / @laurenfaber - It appears this was fixed by a mid-month update of Power BI Desktop.