Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

0

Mobile only changes not transferring to Power BI Service

Using the last Power BI Desktop update, the mobile only changes are not being applied in the Power BI service after publishing. When viewing the mobile layout in the Power BI Service, these mobile only changes have been deleted.

In Power BI Desktop: 

MichielPL_0-1678101783187.png

In Power BI Service (after publishing):

MichielPL_1-1678101838670.png

 

Status: Delivered

Thanks for sharing, now this thread will be mitigated.

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @MichielPL ,

 

Do you mean you made changes to the report on the mobile app side and it shows up fine in Power BI Desktop but no changes are applied in Power BI Service?
What system are you using for the mobile app. ios or Android?

 

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

MichielPL
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

 

I have made mobile only changes in the Power BI Desktop, saved the file and then we use DevOps to publish all of our reports to the Power BI Service (using the Power BI Rest API).

I have noticed that if i publish the report manually through Power BI Desktop, that the mobile only changes are applied, but not through the Power BI Rest API. It does add my mobile views, but not the mobile only change (in my case, it doesn't change the functionality of my button from bookmark to page navigation). 

Also saw that once i published them manually, and then they got republished using the Power BI REST API, the mobile only changes do stay active, so somehow it does know that they are inside the report.

 

We are using IOS & Android, but I think the issue is on the Power BI Service side as it is already visible when opening the 'mobile layout'.

 

With publishing every report manually once I have managed to solve the issue so far though.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Thanks for sharing, now this thread will be mitigated.