Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Lineage View Incorrect when Using Composite Models (DirectQuery for Power BI Datasets)

Hello,

I found a bug in the power BI service when using a composite model (DirectQuery for Power BI Datasets and Analysis Services). In the screenshot below, I have 2 reports.

The Exception Reporting - Deals report uses FundAccountingData as it's dataset, and the Deals that Need Attention report uses the Deals that Need Attention Dataset. The Deals that Need Attention Dataset is a composite model, using the FundAccountingData shared dataset as its underlying data and then I enabled the preview feature "DirectQuery for Power BI Datasets and Analysis Services" to add an additional table on top of it. As you can see, the lineage view is incorrect. It shows both reports stemming from the Deals that Need Attention composite model, when really the Exception Reporting - Deals report uses FundAccountingData as it's dataset. 

Lineage View Error.png

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@BrandedSaiyan 

The lineage relationship is actually right . You may check Show lineage for any artifact and share feedback via Ideas to help improve Power BI.