Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

License not being activated

Hello,

I assigned external users licenses to PowerBI Pro.  However, when they log-in their license shows as free trial licenses.  They are also unable to see the published reports.

However, if I share a link to report by email and they click on the link while logged-in, the report displays correctly and their license shows as Pro.

Anybody have any clues on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @JuanBolas ,

It sounds like it should be a tenant issue. When an external user visits through the link you shared, it is a direct access to your tenant, then on that basis, his license is valid, so he can get the report normally. But they log in to their own tenant, and in their tenant, the external user does not have the license permission, so they cannot view the related reports.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @JuanBolas ,

It sounds like it should be a tenant issue. When an external user visits through the link you shared, it is a direct access to your tenant, then on that basis, his license is valid, so he can get the report normally. But they log in to their own tenant, and in their tenant, the external user does not have the license permission, so they cannot view the related reports.

Best regards,

JuanBolas
Helper II

@v-mengzhu-msft Thank you for your reply.

Is there any way I can fix this?  I assigned the licenses through Azure Active Directory to these users.  Is there any way they can log in to my tenant?

Thanks in advance. 

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @JuanBolas ,

sign in your power bi and choose this icon:

vmengzhumsft_0-1666691177593.png

then click"about power bi"

vmengzhumsft_1-1666691206817.png

find your tenant url and copy it, you can send it to your customers, they can sign in through this url to access your tenant.

vmengzhumsft_2-1666691312148.png

Try and see if it woks, thanks in advance~

Best regards,

JuanBolas
Helper II

@v-mengzhu-msft Thank you!

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @JuanBolas ,

So can this way solve your problem?

Best regards,

JuanBolas
Helper II

@v-mengzhu-msft Thank you. This worked as a patch I suppose.  Is there any way to bring the users under the same tenant?