Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Latest Version (Aug 2022) - Multiple Issues

I've experienced the following issues after updating to the August 2022 version of Power BI Desktop (btw I'm running this on a Developer-grade laptop):

- Freezing after adding a column to a Matrix visual

- Not being allowed to move a field into a Matrix visual from the Fields pane

- Crashing while saving

- Getting a message to 'Apply Changes' when no changes have been made to the model

Microsoft, what is happening here

Hi @garynorcrossmmc 

At present, there are many Problems with Desktop in August, so it is recommended to use the Version in July first, and then use it after the problem is updated in August .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
rbrocks
Advocate IV

I am also having the getting apply changes when no changes have been made and it will not go away. It is driving me crazy!

asocorrocognex
Helper II

The unsatiable "Apply Changes" is killing me too!

mike_honey
Memorable Member

August update is a dud - rollback to July build

Maia_Jin
Regular Visitor

Following @Jay_Mitchel and @cdlawrence solution (thanks so much! 😊) on the 'Apply changes' issue, I reverted back to the July version and this works! I can successfully refresh my data sets and publish as usual.

Here's the download link to 

Hope this works for you too.

garynorcrossmmc
Advocate II

Hi @Maia_Jin, thanks for the link!  Reverting back to July 2022 until they get Aug 2022 fixed.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @garynorcrossmmc 

At present, there are many Problems with Desktop in August, so it is recommended to use the Version in July first, and then use it after the problem is updated in August .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

mike_honey
Memorable Member

Reportedly, the Apply Changes bug is fixed by the August 2022 QFE 1 update (version 2.108.825.0, 17 August 2022):

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-change-log#august-2022-qfe-1

FAY2020
Resolver I

Just tried rolling back to a previous installer I had saved. It said I needed to uninstall my previous version, so I tried to do that. But the uninstaller says I have instances of PBI running that need to be closed down. The only instances are the uninstaller itself! I can double click the process in Task Manager and it highlights the uninstaller. Ridiculous.